Tuesday 3 March 2009

Meet the Maker - Snappy Sausage



Our next exhibitor interview comes from Snappy Sausage run by Abbi from Northamptonshire.

“I try to make lovely things for those who like something a little bit different, with a sense of fun, but for those who also take their style seriously. We specialize in jewellery, accessories & cards and very shortly a range of mugs, egg cups & cushions. Jewellery ranges from bracelets & necklaces made from both new & vintage trinkets to little plastic illustrated earrings. snappysausage is for the girl who likes to dress down as much as she likes to dress up!”

“I was the little girl who always had glue in her hair & permanent felt tip everywhere. I come from a pretty creative family”



The name snappysausage comes from Abbi’s pet sausage dog Lulu, who would very much like to be at Handm@de but can’t unfortunately. Maybe we will do an outdoor fair and Lulu will be able to join us!

“What I like most about my craft is the versatility, one day I will be rummaging around fairs and markets for interesting treasures to use in my jewellery, and others I will be at home making jewellery, cards or designing prints.



Abbi’s work is available to buy at several locations, including her main site www.snappysausage.co.uk . You can also find snappysausage on Etsy, Folksy, Bonbi Forest, Never Ender and the Projeto Gallery (phew, Abbi is one hard working designer!) – as well as at Handm@de Cambridge.


No comments: