Tuesday 27 October 2009

Meet the Maker - Kiran Ravilious

This week our featured seller is Kiran of Inkling Prints
Tell us a little bit about you.
I'm Kiran. I'm from Singapore. I moved to England 5 years ago. I now live in Leicester with my husband Ben, our two year old daughter Jill and my seven months old border terrier puppy Daisy.

Have you always been crafty, or is it something that you've picked up more recently?
I've always liked art. I trained as a graphic designer. I've always enjoyed illustrating and painting. I was inspired to get into printmaking when I met my husband whose grandparents were both printmakers. It was only recently though, that I started printing on fabric.

Have you been particularly influenced by any other artists or events?
I think I am influenced by nature and things I see all the time. I love botanical illustrations and the works of artist Alois Auer. I also find folk art very inspiring.

What other artists are you excited about seeing at Handm@de Cambridge?
I'm excited about seeing Yunisacs and also The Print Tree. Looking forward to popping round and getting myself a lovely purse or two!

What is your favourite piece?
My favourite piece has to be my napkins. I've printed 4 different designs to be sold as a set of 4. I like them because I think they are colouful and fun!

Are there any specific pieces you fancy that will be at Handm@de Cambridge?
I'm interested in Trash Chic's cushions And also Bread of Many I love the style of illustration!

You can follow Kiran and her work on her blog http://blog.inklingprints.co.uk/

No comments: